Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My Day, My Way

You know, you'd think I'd be pretty good at this since I've already got about 3 or 4 blogs floating around but every one of them is different and the content doesn't always come easy. So, for this blog, I was instructed to choose a "niche" that I am passionate about. I thought I'd get some other opinions on this so I asked family members and friends when they thought of me, what do they see me passionate about. The total census was "family" and I thought, well, everyone might get tired of hearing the crazy details of my family life, so we went with the next choice which was helping people. Now, that's pretty broad too, and I felt I better narrow that down a bit. Which lead me to My Day, My Way, u-choose-u.

Now, even this can go alot of different directions but I thought we'd more make it a motivational type blog where people could come to just get that little inspiration for the day. Whether it be quotes or a funny story that has happened to someone, or even a favorite bible verse for the day, just anything that will in essence help you choose what kind of day you're going to have. Because, let's face it. We are the ones who determine what kind of mood or reaction we have towards other people or circumstances. It's often our reactions that set the tone for the whole situation. We can either be rude and inconsiderate or we can treat people the way we'd like to be treated, regardless of the way they treat us.

So, I guess in a nutshell what I'm trying to say is if you can't say nothing nice, don't say nothing at all. AND, the next time you're thinking how a situation or person put you in a bad mood, stop and think. I'm the one who chooses me. I'm only in a bad mood because I'm allowing myself to be. I can change this at any time, and do it. Then look in the mirror and say, MY DAY, MY WAY. Don't ever let someone else dictate your feelings, don't give them that power over you. Only U CAN CHOOSE U!

No comments:

Post a Comment