Thursday, April 23, 2009

My Thursday My Way

I guess this will be the new thing. My "day of the week" My Way! Sounds good to me! My Thursday has pretty much started out like every other Thursday except for finding my stray dogs the home they ran away from. I had two dogs come up in my yard on Saturday, after checking with all of my immediate neighbors to no avail, I had pretty much excepted the fact that at least one of them had found a new home at my house. He was a good dog, very sweet, had been neutered, seemed well taken care of, housebroken, everything. So, why was he here? Where on earth did he come from? I couldn't imagine someone taking such good care of an animal & just dumping him out because he was such a well behaved pet. Then, my two year old I keep was sick & she was crying so I went to lay down with her, he jumps in the bed with us & lays his head on her stomach as if to console her. So, I had to do something. I just knew someone, somewhere was missing this sweet animal. I called my local vet & to my surprise, a person had been in that very morning saying he was missing two dogs that fit the description of these two runaways. So, she had the man call me.

He lived about 3 miles from me, & he had taken in the dogs from a friend of his that had just lost her home & could no longer care for them. After hearing the story, I was heartbroken. This lady apparently was having trouble with her husband & just had to like leave in the middle of the night. She loved the dogs dearly & didn't want anything to happen to them so she asked this man & his wife to take care of them for her. He said he kept the dogs up for 4 days & let them out, & they hit the road! I guess to find her maybe. But anyway, they ended up finding us. Now, I have no clue why this happened & what will come of it but I would just hope that if for some reason, my dogs ever got lost, someone would do the same for me. I'm not even sure what breed of dog they were, but they certainly brought us joy for a couple of days anyway & we hope we did them as well. Alls well that ends well!

Remember,
UchooseU

You determine the outcome of your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment